It’s that time again! Allergy season is here and in our last post, we went over some ways to prevent allergy issues naturally. Now, we’re back with even more tips for keeping those nasal passages, sinuses, lungs, and eyes feeling clear and calm all season long. Here are 5 more ways to deal with your allergies naturally:
- Eat Healthy: We know – this seems like a no brainer but studies have shown that a healthy diet can make a huge difference in allergy symptoms. Start nourishing your body right with lots of fresh fruits and veggies, organic lean meats, and nuts. Try to cut back on dairy or other inflammatory foods, which can generate a lot of mucus.
- Try the Neti Pot: Nasal rinses and neti pots can be great for clearing out pollen or allergens that may be in your nose. We have neti pot kits from Himalayan Institute that are a great way to get started. Gently flush once in the morning and once in the evening to keep those nasal passages clear!
- Supplement: There are many allergy support supplements out there, but one of the best we can recommend is Metagenics Sinuplex, which delivers vitamin C, quercetin, nettle root extract, and other natural ingredients that can help you support healthy sinuses and respiratory function.
- Drink More Water: Besides being good for your skin, more fluids can mean detoxifying your body, which is great for your immune system overall. Drinking more water can also help you thin the mucus in your nasal passages. Feeling stuffy? Broth, teas, or hot soup can do the trick of giving you hydration and steam.
- Clean Up: Keeping your home clean and neat with natural cleaners can also help you during allergy season. You wouldn’t believe how much pollen gets into carpets, upholstery, sheets, linens, and everything in between! Vacuum regularly and keep things from getting dusty to soothe troubled sinuses.
Have another way you stave off allergy season naturally? Share it with us in the comments!