We all have stressful jobs and there are plenty of things we can do to try to remove some of that stress throughout the day. Today’s post will be short and sweet and will focus on 10 things you can do at work when things get rough. When your boss is on your back, your calendar is filled, or that coworker is getting on your nerves, try these tips to bring yourself back into balance:
- Take a stretch break every hour for a few minutes. It’s good for your muscles!
- Listen to relaxing music on your phone or iPod. If that’s not allowed in your office, start off your day with music that calms you on your commute.
- Eat a healthy light lunch and snack throughout the day. Small meals/portions frequently is best. Blood sugar crashes can make your tolerance for stress nonexistent, so arm yourself by nourishing yourself!
- Take a 10 minute walk break on lunch to get moving and boost endorphins.
- Brighten your desk with photos or things that cheer you up.
- Add plants to your office. Plants detoxify the air, boost oxygen, and liven up the office – literally!
- Drink more water. It’ll help with blood pressure, energy, and it detoxifies your cells.
- Focus on the positive, even when the going gets tough. Little positives can bring the world back into perspective.
- Think solutions, not problems. Solutions are a step forward and problems only leave you feeling more stressed out.
- Breathe. Deep breathing lowers blood pressure and that anxious feeling.
Remember, nutrition and supplementation using stress support supplements like AdrenaCalm, AdreStim, Cortisol Manager, and Stress Essentials can be helpful in combating stress and its negative effects on the body. For free nutritional counseling, give us a call at 1.877.465.0844 or drop us an email and we’d be happy to help!
Here’s to a happier, less stressful workday!