The holidays are magical and jolly time. They are also a stressful time for many of us. Money for presents, the pressures of giving gifts, the lack of preparation time, and the staggering amount of things to do are all reasons the holidays can add stress to our already stressful lives. Stress can harm your body in many ways; it raises your cortisol levels, blood pressure, glucose, and fatty acid levels to an unhealthy high. If stress isn’t enough, during the holidays many of us eat a poor diet of baked goods, processed foods, and salty meats, which can also take its toll. There are many ways to deal with the stress brought on by the holidays. OVitaminPro.com wants you to have a stress-free holiday, by following these healthy methods to get rid of that pesky holiday stress.
- Take time for yourself: Go for a walk, or listen to your favorite music. By treating yourself to something relaxing, you’ll actually be calmer and have more energy to actually get your tasks done.
- Exercise: Just 30 minutes a day of light cardio can make a huge difference. Exercise not only helps you manage your weight, but it can help clear your mind. With a clear mind, you’ll be ready to get all of your tasks done.
- Eat responsibly, drink responsibly, and be merry! – Enjoy your holiday baked goods and drinks, but don’t overindulge. Make wise and healthy choices. Taking digestive enzymes can be handy to prevent indigestion of the rich holiday foods.
- Drink milk: Milk isn’t just for Santa this holiday season. Milk contains tryptophan, which is metabolized and converted into a mood-boosting serotonin.
- Drink green tea on Christmas morning: When the kids are unwrapping their gifts, opt for a green tea instead of your usual coffee. Green tea is packed with theanine, which increases relaxation-inducing alpha waves.
- Keep your expectations balanced: You won’t get everything you want, and things will go wrong, but don’t let it bother you; nothing is ever perfect.
- Don’t overspend: Create a reasonable budget, and stick to it. This simple tip can cut back on a lot of stress!
OVitaminPro.com wishes you all a safe and stress-free holiday! Following these simple rules can help de-stress your holiday season. We also offer a wide selection of stress support supplements than can help you manage your stress even more.