There are plenty of ways to get more greens in your diet, and one of our favorite ways is to make green juice! Able to be enjoyed on its own or over ice, green juice can be a refreshing way to boost your nutrient intake while also cooling off. Here’s a quick and easy recipe that you can try at home, even if you don’t have a juicer. It’s fast, delicious, and perfect for warm summer days.
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- A handful of leafy greens (kale or spinach works perfectly!)
- ½ a cucumber, cut into chunks
- ½ inch sized piece of ginger
- A few leaves of fresh mint
- 1 cup of water
- A little bit of honey or agave nectar for sweetness (optional)
Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Then, pour the liquid through a fine strainer or sieve to get just the juice, or if you prefer, you can drink as is (but it will be a little thick).
Looking for more ways to get your leafy greens? Here are a few of our favorite ways to put more green into your diet:
- Instead of topping sandwiches with plain iceberg, spring for baby kale, watercress, or spinach, all of which are more nutrient-rich.
- Eat more salad! Not only do they make a healthy and filling meal, but you can have a lot of fun with different flavor combinations and ingredients.
- Sneak leafy greens into your favorite smoothie. Like green juice, smoothies can be refreshing and packed with healthy ingredients.
- Supplement with a greens powder, like NanoGreens or Nourish Greens.
What’s your favorite way to add more green?