There’s no doubt about it: around this time of year, we’re all trying to get into shape for summer. That means frequenting the gym and eating healthy, light, and fresh meals. But what happens when your friends invite you out to dinner? Don’t deny yourself of an evening out! Fortunately, there are some very easy ways to maintain your diet, even when dining out at a lavish restaurant.
- First things first, don’t skip lunch. If you know that you’ll be eating out for dinner, skipping lunch may seem like a reasonable option. However, this will only help to keep your stomach growling through the afternoon. By the time you reach the restaurant, chances are you may overeat due to ravenous hunger.
- Water, please! The very first thing you order can greatly impact your diet. Avoid sugary sodas and the bloating effect of alcohol by sticking to water. If you’re missing flavor, asking for a slice of lemon or lime.
- Salad, right? A go-to for dieters when dining out is often a salad. With fresh veggies, this is a great option, right? Not always! Take a closer look at that salad. Many are topped with not-to-healthy options. Be mindful of thick and creamy dressings and extra toppings such as cheese, candied nuts, and excess proteins. To ensure your salad stays fresh and light, opt for vinaigrettes (on the side) and try to stick to minimal cheeses and lean proteins.
- Read the Description. When browsing the menu, pay close attention to the verbiage of certain items. Avoid foods with descriptions such as “fried,” “crispy,” or “creamy”. Often times, these words mean unhealthy fats, and overall heavy options! Instead, stick to those with descriptions such as “roasted,” “baked,” and “fresh”.
- Goodbye cravings! If you do have a hard time saying “no,” consider taking a crave support or weight management supplement. This will help to keep the cravings at bay, eat healthy options, and ultimately leave you feeling full and satisfied!
When it comes to getting into summer-ready shape, don’t avoid the joy of eating out! Keep these healthy restaurant hacks in mind and you’ll be just fine.