Watching what you eat during the holidays can be complicated. From the Thanksgiving carb fest to the many sweets of Christmas, you are going to end up eating something that isn’t so great for you – but don’t worry! We’ve come up with a handful of tips to help you stay healthy while you are celebrating the holidays.
- Keep Moving – Don’t stop your exercise regimen during the holidays! Whether it is snowing out or you are visiting your loved ones, it’s important to exercise at least 30 to 45 minutes a day.
- Control Your Portions – You can enjoy mashed potatoes with your meal, but don’t go overboard. Watching your carb intake is very important. See if you can fill your plate with mostly steamed veggies instead of fatty or carb heavy sides.
- Watch What You Drink – Holiday alcoholic drinks are filled with sugar and fat, so choose wine instead of eggnog if you plan to indulge. Furthermore, you can stay away from alcohol and enjoy tea, coffee, or water instead.
- Say No – When you are at a party, just say no to any fattening foods. It doesn’t matter how much someone pushes the food on you, only eat what you want to eat.
- Bring Healthy Foods to Your Event – If you have to make a dish for potluck dinner, bring a healthy dish. This guarantees that there will be at least one healthy option for you.
Holiday eating can be tough – but we know you have the willpower to keep yourself in check. Remember that it pays to enjoy in moderation, too. You’ll feel better after your meal (seriously – no need to pass out on the couch!) and you’ll still be able to take part in a wonderful tradition.
From all of us at OVitaminPro.com, have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving holiday!