It’s the dog days of summer, which means that you have probably gotten a few mosquito bites! No matter how much you try to protect yourself from bug bites, it happens to the best of us. The team at OVitaminPro, your online source for great supplements like the selections from Ecological Formulas, has done a little research and has discovered great natural treatments that you can take to help care for your bites. With these simple selections, you and your family members will feel relief from the bites without having to take a trip to the drug store.
- Cinnamon – Scientist have been researching alternatives to DEET, the standard way to kill mosquitoes, and have discovered that cinnamon oil is a great way to kill mosquitoes. That said, you can also use cinnamon to care for bites and stings, as it has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Lemon and Lime – In addition to being the flavors behind many citrus beverages, this combo of fruits has anti-itch, antimicrobial, and antibacterial properties.
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea tree oil is good for your skin in a variety of ways, as it helps heal cuts, burns, infections, and bug bites. Having some on hand is also great to heal acne issues.
- Basil – This herb contains both thymol and camphor, which are used to relieve itchiness. All you have to do is crush up some of this herb and apply it directly to the bite or you can use basil oil.
- Chamomile – Whether you are brewing this herb up in a tea or applying it to a bug bite, chamomile is a great way to soothe your body – inside and out.