In the United States alone, 68 million people are battling high blood pressure on a daily basis. Not only can high blood pressure lead to having a stroke and/or a heart attack, it can also lead to many other health problems. The good news is, however, that with a few simple steps from OVitaminPro.com, you can help to prevent hypertension and live a long, healthy, and happy life.
Here are a few ways you can manage and lower your blood pressure naturally:
- Eat more veggies — Eating healthy is an enormous factor is living a hypertension-free lifestyle. Start by cutting out many of the processed foods you eat, such as canned vegetables and frozen TV dinners, and substitute them for fresh ingredients. Many pre-made foods are high in sodium and can put you at risk for high blood pressure.
- Get out and exercise — Being a couch-potato is not recommended when trying to combat high blood pressure. It is, however, recommended to exercise at least 30 minutes a day. That could be going for a brisk walk before the kids get up or throwing a Frisbee to your dog for a little bit. Getting outside and running around counts when it comes to winning the battle with hypertension.
- Don’t smoke. – Along with the countless other ways it can be attributed to having poor health, smoking increases the risk of having hypertension. Quitting smoking can be difficult, but in the long run it will help you enjoy a fuller and, hopefully, longer life.
- Monitor your BP – When you go to the doctor for a check-up, they usually take your blood pressure. It your responsibility to keep your BP level in check and know when it is at an unhealthy level. If you do end up having hypertension, there are certain treatment options available, but all plans will have a common step: know your numbers.
- Reduce stress – Those who have high stress levels also tend to be at risk for hypertension. Set aside a few minutes a day to meditate or find ways to naturally reduce your stress. Breathe deeply, get plenty of sleep, and try to manage you time better so that you’re not always feeling overextended.
- Supplement – There are several supplements out there that can help reduce high blood pressure naturally and they include Perfusia-SR, Forskolin Extract, and magnesium supplements.
How do you keep your blood pressure in check naturally?