The New Year is almost here and you know what that means: it’s time to start thinking about your resolution! Sure, resolutions usually fall by the wayside after a month or two, but this year, you’re really going to stick to it. You can make the effort and give yourself a fresh start. As for what your resolution can be, well, there are lots of things to choose from but no matter which resolution you pick, we at OVitaminPro.com ask that you put your health at the forefront of your goals.
Without good health, you cannot achieve some of the goals you’ve set out to accomplish in 2011. It’s just that simple. So, to stay healthy, we’ve devised a little checklist that you can use each and every day to ensure that you’re caring for your body the right way. Over time, you may lose weight, get sick less often, or just feel a whole lot better! Either way, the benefits of a healthy lifestyle pay off not just during the New Year; they pay off for a lifetime.
Keep yourself healthy in 2011 by following this checklist of 7 New Year, New You To Dos:
- Go to the doctor. We know, it’s kind of a pain to do, but trust us – it’s the one thing you don’t want to skip over. Having regular checkups or going to the doctor when you’re sick can actually help you prevent more serious health problems in the long run.
- Drink more water. Most of us don’t get enough and it’s essential for life. Not to mention, more water can help you lose weight, improve your skin, and flush out toxins.
- Practice preventative care. Sickness happens – but you can do your best to avoid it by practicing good preventative medicine, which means taking a daily multivitamin, washing your hands frequently, and taking immune system boosters and resting whenever you feel a cold coming on.
- Exercise daily, or at least a few times a week. We know you’re busy, but exercise can improve cardiovascular health, weight, and appearance as well as your immune system. Plus, exercise can be an instant mood booster!
- Don’t forget about sleep. Getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night can help you better function throughout your day, plus, it gives your body the time it needs to rejuvenate. Trouble sleeping? Try Kavinace or Travacor.
- Make smarter food choices. Proper portion control. Less snacking and more fruits and veggies. Grilled over fried. Steamed over covered in cheese sauce. Get enough probiotics and take digestive support supplements to soothe a troubled tummy. You know, the basics 🙂
- Relax. Stress can cause a multitude of health problems so set aside a little time each day to rid yourself of anxiety. Mediate. Do yoga. Sing. Take a hot bath. Do whatever makes you feel at ease. Having trouble relaxing? Then you may want to try an anti-anxiety supplement.
What are your New Year’s resolutions? How are you planning on staying healthy in 2011?