Summer is an excellent time of year because it allows us to enjoy the outdoors. Granted you can enjoy the outdoors during the other seasons, but being able have sunlight until 9 PM and wear shorts all the time is a huge plus.
Just as every season has its advantages, each also has its disadvantages. Summer’s include: Severe weather, severe heat, insect bites, and allergies. If you suffer from seasonal allergies, there are a couple of things you can do. If the below tips don’t work, you can always feel free to visit our Allergy Relief page.
1) Cut back on activities between 5 AM and 10 AM, as this is the time of day when pollen counts are the highest.
2) Shower and shampoo after being outside to help wash off pollen particles you may have collected.
3) Although it might be warmer, cover up your arms, legs, and feet. You may be hot, but you’ll thank yourself later.
4) Run air conditioners that have the ability to filter out large pollen particles. Fans in your window will only serve to draw pollen into your home.
5) Remove contact lens. Leaving in lenses might make swollen or itchy eyes even worse.
6) Try to stay away from allergen foods like wheat, soy, corn and dairy to help decrease inflammation.
7) Keep eye drops, nose sprays, non-sedating antihistamines, and emergency medication with you at all times, just in case.
Hopefully these tips will keep you allergy free. Does anyone have other tips that they use to experience allergy relief? Let us know in the comments section!