Magnesium is an essential mineral that helps us stay healthy and is required for over 300 biochemical reactions in the human body. Magnesium is extremely beneficial at transmitting nerve impulses, body temperature regulation, detoxification, energy, and the formation of healthy bones and teeth. Men and women can all benefit from having healthy levels of magnesium. Here are five (of the many) benefits of supplementing magnesium:
- Magnesium is excellent at treating migraines, insomnia, depression, and even muscle aches/fatigue.
- Magnesium can aid in lowering high blood pressure. Magnesium supplements in conjunction with plenty of fruits and vegetables are excellent at lowering hypertension, which will make huge gains to your overall wellness.
- Magnesium can aid in the reversal of osteoporosis. A magnesium deficiency can alter calcium metabolism and hormones that regulate calcium, which results in the bone disease and weakening.
- Magnesium can prevent cardiovascular disease. Magnesium is often associated with lowering the risk of heart diseases. It’s also been shown that magnesium can reduce the risk of stroke if taken sufficiently. A magnesium deficiency can increase abnormal heart rhythms which can result in complications after a heart attack. Utilizing magnesium dietary supplements may be extremely beneficial to the cardiovascular system on the whole.
- Magnesium is great for reducing the effects of diabetes. Magnesium deficiency comes with a risk of developing type-2 diabetes and diabetic retinopathy. Magnesium helps aid in the metabolism of carbohydrates and influences the release and activity of the body’s insulin, which controls the blood’s glucose levels. Science has proved that for every 100 milligrams of magnesium daily, there is a 15 percent decrease in the risk of developing type-2 diabetes.
Magnesium is just one of the essential minerals our bodies need to stay healthy.