Stress. Everyone experiences it at one time or another and some experience it all the time. Stress can be a terrible feeling but it can also be affecting your health. Chronic stress can affect your blood pressure and mental health, not to mention diet and sleeping habits. Several studies have been conducted showing the benefits of meditation in regards to lowering blood pressure and improving mental health. With meditation, you can help relieve some or all of that stress and improve your overall level of wellness.
The goal of meditation is to bring inner peace within you in a positive manner.
Here are some facts about meditation you may not have known:
- Meditation is a natural procedure that should be practiced for 20 minutes, twice a day, for the best results.
- It is the most researched method for self development.
- It is also the most widely practiced method for self development.
- Meditation originated in India, but today, is practiced all over the world.
Here are some basic mediation instructions:
- Find a quiet room ? make sure it is not a place where you work or exercise.
- Stretch to loosen muscles and tendons.
- Sit in a comfortable position (can be on the floor, in a chair, etc.)
- Close your eyes (if you have trouble with your eyes closed, place a candle in the room and focus on it).
- Breathe deep (this helps slow your heart rate as well as relaxes muscles and focuses the mind).
- Focus on your body parts starting at your feet, going all the way up to the top of your head. Think about the way they feel and relax them one by one (include your internal organs).
- Or focus on positive thoughts.
In order for meditation to work for you, patience is needed because your mind will not always want to focus. And practicing meditation on a regular basis will help you gain a sense of yourself.
If you are not comfortable meditating by yourself, you can pick up CDs that will walk you through the meditation technique or you can ask someone to join you. There also a lot of books about the technique of meditation that will be extremely helpful as well.
What are your best meditation tips?
One thought on “What To Do About Stress: Meditate!”
You are absolutely right. Meditation can relieve a lot of medical problems that are more lifestyle related rather than due to disease. Even when you are ill due to other causes meditation helps.