One of the most common things you’ll hear if you’re active during the summer months is, “You need to stay hydrated!” While staying hydrated during those hot summer months is paramount, year-round hydration is just as important. Sixty to seventy percent of our bodies is comprised of water, so it goes without saying that our cells rely on a fresh, constant intake of H2O. However, there are some benefits to staying properly hydrated that you might not know:
- Replacing sugary sodas with water can help weight loss and keep your body flushing out fat and toxin byproducts.
- Drinking water can help keep your skin supple and elastic.
- Staying properly hydrated can improve blood and oxygen flow to your brain, which actually improves your memory!
So, how can you make sure you’re staying hydrated? Here are a few handy tips you can use:
- Carry around a large bottle of water as a reminder to keep drinking.
- Many fruits and vegetables are great sources of water and they’re good for your health! Try stocking up on juicy fruits, lettuces, and other water-rich foods.
- This may sound gross, but monitor your urine color. It should be a pale yellow color or mostly clear.
- Don’t discount drinks like black tea and black coffee. While caffeine does have a slight diuretic effect, it is not enough to diminish the water.
Be sure to check the OVitaminPro.com blog for more health-saving tips!